1 1/2 cup millet, divided
1/2 cup walnut pieces
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp tsp sea salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped and soaked
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp ground flax
6 tbsp water
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1) Preheat oven to 350БЛF (175БЛC) and line a 12-cup muffin tin with unbleached baking
cups. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine flax and water. Let stand for at least 10 minutes for
mixture to thicken.
3) In a high-speed blender, mix 1 cup of millet to create a flour. Set aside.
4) In a medium bowl, mix millet flour, remaining millet, walnuts, cinnamon,
baking soda, and sea salt.
5) In a separate bowl, mash pumpkin,
carrots, dates, coconut oil, flax
mixture, and ginger. Combine wet
and dry ingredients.
6) Spoon mixture into baking cups
and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to
cool before consuming.
By Amber Baker (www.amberbaker.ca) Published in the Winter 2015 issue of Get Fresh! Magazine.