We love pancake day, it's a great time to spend time with the family and sweeten up your kitchen! Being raw doesn't mean that you don't get to join in this fun occassion, so here are two yummy recipes for making raw pancakes.
If you need some inspiration as to what healthy treat you can add to these delicious pancakes then head on down to the Fresh Network store where you'll find 10% off our "sweets treats & desserts" items until Wednesday 5th March 2013.
Raw flax seed pancakes
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds or almond pulp left over from making almond milk.
- 2 dates or 1tbsp agave nectar
- 1tsp of vanilla powder or 1/2 vanilla pod
- Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Add more liquid or flax seed as desired to form a thick but smooth batter.
- Spread on to grease-proof paper to a 1cm thickness. If desired, shape in to circles.
- Dehydrate for 8-10 hours in a dehydrator set to 115 degrees Fahrenheit until you have the desired pancake consistency.
Raw Banana Pancakes
- 6 Ripe Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Flax (I also added in some nut pulp from making nut milk! Keep a little extra flax on hand if you need it to be thicker)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract (alcohol free is preferred)
- Enough water to blend
- In a high-speed blender, combine bananas, spices, and water until completely smooth and blended.
- Add in the flax and process again.
- Let thicken for a few minutes as you prepare your dehydrating tools. You’ll need Teflex sheets or parchment paper and a spatula.
- Spread the batter into 2 x 2 inch circles about 1/4 inch thick.
- Dehydrate for about 8 hours, flip, and then dehydrate a few more hours.
- 1 cup raw cacao butter or raw coconut butter
- 1/2 cup raw agave nectar
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-3 drops essential oils such as mint or rose (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- Gently melt all of the ingredients in a chocolate fondue or
- Gently melt the cacao butter in a dehydrator set to 115 degrees Fahrenheit or in a sauce pan over a low heat.
- Stir in the raw agave nectar, cacao powder and the essential oils and vanilla powder (if using) until there are no lumps remaining.
- Taste the sauce and add more sweetener or cacao powder accordingly