You may be dying to go back to eating some solids or perhaps you feel like you want to continue for longer. This is fine, and you can continue as long as your body is happy with this. Remember that juicing is not supposed to be a life long diet, you should always incorporate solids once the fast or program is complete.
If you go straight back to your old diet, likelyhood is your body will go into a bit of a shock as it’s not use to eating solid cooked food, meat or fish (if that is the type of food you eat.)
If you do decide to eat meat, remember that it is very acidic and it takes a lot of work for your digestive system to digest, as your body is very sensitive and clean right now. Shellfish is the hardest to digest, so make sure you don’t eat this before day 4 or 5.
You’ve got a fresh, clean slate, so why not take advantage of it and begin a healthier lifestyle. Try where possible to eat organic, avoid processed or refined foods and increase the amount of fresh fruit and vegetables you eat.
You should add foods back into your diet in the following order.
Day 1 - Fruits & Vegetables - good fats such as avocado/olive oil/UDO's oil/ coconut oil
Day 2 - Grains & Legumes
Day 3 - Soy, Dairy & Eggs
Day 4 - Animal Flesh foods (if you wish) such as fish, chicken or eggs.
Day 5 - Seafood and shell fish
- Chew your food well – so that the food is liquid in the mouth
- Replace white flour with whole wheat
- Restrict your salt intake
- Limit dairy intake
- Drink freshly squeezed juices, not concentrated
- Drink plenty of water
- It’s great to repeat the juice fast several times a year to give your body a break and clear out your system.
- Congratulate yourself! Completing a cleanse is a great achievement.